What is the PTA Annual Fund?
Each year the PTA spends more than $850/student to cover programs that state and federal funds do not cover. This funding is entirely powered by our incredible community, and underwrites the many programs that make MES an outstanding school. The Annual Fund drive kickstarts this tremendous fundraising effort at the beginning of each school year.
We ask that all Montclair families donate during the Annual Fund drive. A tax-deductible donation of $1000 per student is suggested, though we acknowledge this amount is not realistic for every family, and encourage you to give what you can.
What does my donation fund?
The examples listed below are just some of the programs and staff that would not exist at MES without your generous contributions.
- Art / music
- Gardening (Instruction, supplies, Green Team)
- Physical Education (Funding for the PE teacher)
- Academic support (Music instruction, field trips, classroom supplies)
- School Support (Playground supervision, safety, recess and sport activities)
- Operation (Payroll, PTA speakers, general technology costs)
- Library Support (Library books and librarian, volunteer coordination)
- Community Building (OtterWalk, Family Fun Day, variety show)
Funding priorities focus on providing all students with the best possible learning environment and were developed in close partnership with Principal Kloker.
While we do suggest a donation of $1000/student, we know not all families are able to give that amount. We encourage everyone to participate at a level they are comfortable with and help build the bridge that will allow all our children to thrive at this school. The first $75 of every family's contribution will go directly to pay for classroom supplies and field trips directly covering your child’s cost.
Why Should I Donate?
- Donations ensure that everyone in the classroom is equipped with the fundamental tools to thrive in school. When you donate you spread awareness and further the achievements of every member in the community here at MES.
- Your generous donation is 100% tax deductible.
- The PTA committee is committed to taking an active stance against the clear inequities that exist in our community. To this end, we are working to advance equity within our school. Further, we allocate additional funds to our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Committee who continue to support those in our MES community.
How to Donate
Donations to the Annual Fund can be made here. Flexible year-round payment options are available, and donations may be eligible for Corporate Matching programs (please check with your employer).
On behalf of the MES PTA, thank you for your time to learn about this important fundraiser. We look forward to the year ahead creating community with you!
Donate to the Annual Fund Today
A one-off donation through "Buy Now"
A monthly donation through "Subscribe"
Annual Fund donations can also be made via check, payable to Montclair Elementary PTA. Your check should be mailed to:
Montclair Elementary PTA
1757 Mountain Blvd.
Oakland, CA 94611
Check can also be dropped off at the main office and placed in the PTA Treasurer's mailbox.